October 29, 2018
Bourbon Pumpkin Pulled Pork or Chicken Sandwiches
Bourbon Pumpkin BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp BBQ Spices Equal mix of Minced garlic, minced onion, cumin, Smoked Paprika Chili Powder, Basil, Ground Black Pepper, and Oregano.
- 1-2 cups Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, country style pork ribs or boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for pork or chicken, olive oil, onions and garlic and jalapeno. Mix thoroughly and marinate pork or chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium, coverable pot, sauté onion and sliced garlic in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat for about a minute or two until onions become translucent.
- Brown the pork or chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes each side
- Add the marinade to the pot.
- Cover, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a slow boil. When it comes to a slow boil, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 4-5 hours for pork loin, shoulder (2-3 hours for country style pork ribs), and up 2-3 hours for chicken thighs.
- Take off heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, with two forks, shred the meat so it becomes “pulled.” Serve on bread of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.