August 27, 2018
Red Wine Cajun Braised Collard Greens
Port & Bacon Braised Collard Greens
Amazingly delicious side dish that can be paired with virtually any main course! File this under "Lawd have mercy!"
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1-2 lbs collard greens cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 tspb Dijon or horseradish mustard dice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Cajun Spices Equal Mix of Oregano, Basil, Paprika, Thyme and a pinch of Cayenne
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- If you prefer, you can strip away the stems of the collard greens, however, I like them and keep them on. cut them into 1 inch pieces if you prefer.
- In a large, coverable pot or pan, saute onion and garlic in 1-2 tbsp olive oil for about 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add the collard greens, red wine, mustard, honey, cajun spices and Worcestershire Sauce and cover.
- Once collard greens have wilted and shrunk, stir to make sure all of the greens have been submerged in liquid.
- Re-cover and bring to a simmer for 45 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!