May 19, 2022
Sesame Chicken & Shrimp with Chinese Vegetables
Chicken, Shrimp And Chinese Vegetables in a Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine or sherry
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch Chinese five spice powder
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 Boneless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 10-15 raw shrimp if frozen, thaw
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic diced
- ½ onion cut into large pices
- 2 stalk bok choy
- 1 carrot sliced diagonal
- 8 oz baby corn
- 1 c sugar snap or snow peas
- 1-2 pinch dry ginger
- 1/2 lb wheat stick noodles Or 1 pack ramen noodles or server over white rice
- Prepare the marinade and sauce by combining the ingredients listed below them. Cover and set aside.
- Separately, marinate the chicken and the shrimp in two separate bowls for about 1 hour and 15 minutes respectively.
- Meanwhile prepare the noodles by placing in cold water for 3 seconds and draining. They should soften in about 10 minutes. Note, this is not spaghetti, these are wheat lo mein or ramen noodles.
- Heat about a Tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok or large, deep frying pan over high heat. Sauté the chicken until about 80% of the way done (about 5 minutes or so.) Take out, cover and set aside.
- Add shrimp and saute for about 3 minutes until about 80% of the way done and take out, cover and set aside.
- Heat another Tbsp of oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for about a minute.
- Add the carrots and baby corn and saute for another 3-5 minutes until carrots start to become tender.
- Add the bok choy, and peas and saute for another 3 minutes until they become bright green.
- Add the chicken and shrimp back and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes until both are cooked through.
- Add the noodles and saute until they become a little brown. Don’t worry if a few burn, this is good.
- Add the “sauce”, stir and let thicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!