December 13, 2018
- 4 chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Italian spices Or equal mix of dry basil, parsley flakes, dry minced garlic & a pinch of red pepper flakes)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Season the chicken thighs and potato wedges generously with Italian spices (Or combination of substitute spices) and a pinch of salt and pepper. You can add a little olive oil as well if desired.
- In a large, deep oven safe skillet (big enough to hold 4 chicken thighs and 4 cut potatoes or two oven safe skillets if you need), sauté the garlic in olive oil over medium high heat for about 1 minute. Add the potato wedges and season with a pinch of salt and pepper and generously with the My Leaning Tower Italian Blend (Or combination of substitute spices). Continue to sauté for about 2 minutes until potatoes begin to brown.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the pan and let brown for about 2 minutes, and then flip and let brown for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, white wine and oregano and let the liquid come to a simmer. Add about 1/2 tsp salt and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Then add the peas and broil for 5 minutes until chicken is crispy and potatoes are golden brown. Note, the chicken will crisp before the potatoes, so make sure to keep an eye on the chicken so it doesn't burn.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!