December 19, 2018
Marsala & Tomato Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Orange Bourbon BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian Spices Equal mix of Dry Minced Garlic, Basil, Parsley with a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes in chunks
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a large bowl combine sherry or red wine vinegar, spices, marsala wine with a tbsp of olive oil . Mix thoroughly and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium, coverable pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper on medium heat for about a minute or two until they become translucent.
- Brown the pork or chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes each.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes until the tomatoes begin to wilt.
- Add the marinade and butter to the pot.
- Cover, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a slow boil. When it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 3 hours.
- Take off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, with two forks, shred the meat so it becomes “pulled.” Serve on bread of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!