January 21, 2019
Olive, Red Pepper Bruschetta
Olive Red Pepper Bruschetta
- 5 Roma tomatoes or 2 large regular tomatoes
- 1/2 onion or 1 shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar Optional
- ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese Optional
- Italian Spice Blend or create a blend of equal parts basil, dry minced garlic, parsley flakes with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- Finely chop tomatoes and place in a bowl. Chop a ½ of an onion (or 1 shallot) finely and add to bowl. Chop 3 sprigs of parsley and add to bowl. Add the roasted red peppers and olives. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar, and 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Add 1/2 tsp of pepper, ½ tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese, and 1 tbsp Italian Blend or substitute spices. Add two cloves of pressed fresh garlic, mix thoroughly and refrigerate for an hour.
- Make your own bread or make garlic bread by slicing french bread into pieces and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Put in oven at 300 degrees until toasted.
- Serve the bread on a platter. The bruschetta can be served in the bowl so your friends and family can dish it out themselves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!