September 20, 2017
Pizza/ Garlic Bread Dough
- 1 1/2 small bags yeast (11 gms or .4 oz.)
- 1 cup hot water
- pinch sugar
- 400 grams unbleached flour this is about 3 cups, but best to measure with a scale.
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put dry yeast into hot water and sugar and leave until it forms min 1" of foam.
- Mix flour with salt and olive oil into the mixer and add the yeast solution.
- Mix well and then split into 3 equal portions and form a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 18-24 hours and then let sit on the countertop for 2-3 hours to rise further before using.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 550 degrees for at least 1/2 hour to heat stone.
- Place flour on surface and roll dough out with hands (can use a roller but not too much as you don't want to force air out of dough.) to form a circular pattern
- Place semolina flour on pizza peel and then place dough on top.
- Top your pizza
- Gently shake pizza directly from peel to stone in oven and let bake for 5-8 minutes. It is ready when crust is golden brown. Keep an eye on pizza so it doesn't burn.
Making Garlic Bread
- Take dough and form it into a log.
- Then with your finger, make a divot in the center. place sliced garlic, sundried tomatoes and any other filling you like.
- Close the divot and pinch. Brush with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Bake at 475 for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.