Asian Shrimp Sushi
- Prepare the Spicy Asian Mayo- Link to the recipe below.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, Miso Ho Nee Asian Spice Blend or substitute spices, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, Oyster sauce and mix thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- During this time, prepare the Sushi rice as directed below and allow the sushi rice to come to room temperature.
- Heat about 2 Tbsp of sesame oil in a wok or skillet. Pan fry (place shrimp in pan and leave alone) the shrimp in oil and cook for about 3 minutes per side. Then cover and set aside to bring to room temperature. Cut the shrimp in slices or chunks so that when you place it in the Sushi it will not be to wide.
- Slice the avocado in long strips, and mince finely slice the green onions.
Sushi Rice Preparation
- Rinse rice two or three times until water runs clear. Prepare Sushi Rice by bringing a cup of water and a cup of rice to a boil, lowering heat to low, covering and letting simmer until water is absorbed. (about 15 minutes.) Let stand covered for about 10 minutes to steam.
- Meanwhile, combine rice vinegar, salt and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Then place rice in a glass bowl or casserole dish. Drizzle vinegar mixture on top. Then cut the rice in a “criss-cross” fashion and then fold, cut and fold, and repeat with the sushi spoon until all of the rice is coated and shimmering with the vinegar mixture. Cover and let come to room temperature before using.
- Lay a sheet of Nori , shiny side down, on the Bamboo sushi roller. Using a sushi spoon lay the rice on the Nori and spread it out thin leaving about a half inch of the Nori down one of the long ends.
- Starting from the non-empty edge, line the shrimp and avocado down the long end of the Nori not more than an inch wide. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Begin by rolling the bamboo with both hands and slowly moving the bamboo roller until it forms a roll then continue rolling with one hand while pulling with the other until the roll is completely closed. (you may want to search for videos for a demonstration if you have never done it before). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a sharp, wet knife, slice the roll gently into pieces. Stand upright on a plate and serve with Spicy Asian Mayo. See Link to recipe below.
Shipping is free when you spend $75 or more! Dismiss