Beef and Pork Enchiladas
- Make the sauce first.
For Enchilada Sauce:
- In a coverable pot, press garlic and sauté in about one tbsp vegetable oil for about a minute. Add tomatoes and saute for another two minutes until they start to release some of their moisture. Add tomato sauce, tomato juice and South of My Border Mexican Blend (or substitute spices), and salt mix, cover and bring to a slow boil. Then lower heat to medium low and let simmer for about 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- In a deep, coverable frying pan, sauté onions and garlic in about 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil for about 2 minutes until onions become translucent. Add beef, pork and South of My Border Mexican Blend, salt and 1 ladle full (about ¾ of a cup) of the enchilada sauce. Stir, cover and lower heat to medium low and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of the enchilada sauce in a 9×9 baking dish. Dip the tortillas in the sauce and microwave the tortillas for about 20 seconds so they will become more pliable. Place about a ½ cup of the filling in the center of the tortillas and then fold the tortillas on all sides to seal in the filling. Place seam side down in the pan. Continue until all of the tortillas and filling have been used. Scoop the sauce on top of the tortillas and spread over the top. Top with the queso fresco and cheddar cheese and bake for about 15-20 minutes until cheese melts. Broil for 3-5 minutes to get golden brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.
Shipping is free when you spend $75 or more! Dismiss