Mexican Mashed Potatoes
- In a coverable pot, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil with a pinch of salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika for 1 minute.
- Add half a bottle/can of beer, ½ cup of vinegar, ½ tbsp each of cumin powder, paprika, chili powder salt and ½ tsp of pepper.
- Add juice of one lime and bring to a boil.
- Cut potatoes in quarters and place in liquid. Then bring liquid to a simmer and cover. Cook until potatoes are tender to the fork (approximately 15-20 mins).
- Place potatoes in a bowl with ½ cup of frozen corn. Strain the liquid into a bowl to separate liquid and cooked vegetables. Add ¼ cup of the hot liquid, 2 dollops of sour cream, the strained garlic, tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions, and mash together.
- In a pot, put the leftover liquid from straining and add a pat of butter. Bring to a simmer and add 1 tbsp of flour while stirring to make a gravy. Cover and simmer until thick (about 5-10 minutes).
- DRIZZLE ON POTATOES AND SERVE IT WITH YOUR ENTRÉE, [email protected]!
Shipping is free when you spend $75 or more! Dismiss