September 20, 2017
Tomato Pizza Sauce
- If you are using fresh tomatoes, set up an ice water bath and bring pot of water to a boil.
- If you are using tomatoes, cut the stem out and then cut a crosshatch on the opposite end and place into boiling water for 1 minute until skin starts to peel away.
- Place in ice bath to stop the cooking and then peel the skin away. Then crush or dice the tomatoes finely.
- In a pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat. And then place the fresh or canned crushed tomatoes into the pot.
- If you are using fresh tomatoes, let saute and break down for about 10 minutes while stirring, if using crushed tomatoes from a can, let cook for about a minute or two.
- Add tomato paste, lemon juice sugar, butter and salt and stir.
- Cover and let simmer for 25- 30 minutes.
Shipping is free when you spend $75 or more! Dismiss