December 21, 2018
Pan-Fried Sweet Potato, Maple & Ginger Dumplings
Pan-Fried Potato Dumplings
Easy and delicious Pan-Fried Potato Dumplings using Won Ton wrappers. You're gonna make this sh!t. Yes you will. Don't argue.
- 2 Sweet potatoes baked and skin off
- 1 tsp Caribbean Spice Blend or create a blend of equal parts basil, thyme, garlic, with a pinch of all spice, cinnamon & cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 15-20 Wonton wrappers
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
Spicy Maple Ginger Syrup
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sriacha sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour until tender. Then peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes.
- When the potatoes are done, drain thoroughly and place in bowl with spices, salt pepper, ginger, maple syrup and mash thoroughly. Salt the mixture to taste as this will be your only seasoning. Set aside until cool enough to work with.
- When the potato filling is cooled, wet the edges of the wonton wrappers by placing water on your finger and running it around the edge of the wrappers. Place about a tsp of the potato filling in the middle and fold the wrapper around it making sure the wet edges of one side of the wrapper meet the wet edge of the other side and pinch and fold along the edges to seal the potato filling inside. Place on a plate and continue until all of the filling is used.
- In a coverable frying pan, heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan on medium high heat. When oil is hot enough, place the dumplings in the pan and fry for two minutes per side until golden brown.
- Then, add ¼ cup of water to the pan and cover. Let steam for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the Spicy Maple Syrup in a bowl and serve with the dumplings.
S&M (Sides & More to serve with this dish) Spicy Cranberry Pineapple Caribbean Pulled Pork Link to Wonton Rapper Video Recommended tools for this recipe:
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.