February 20, 2019
Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tbsp grapeseed
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup wine White, Red or Marsala
- 1 tbsp Italian Spices equal parts basil, minced garlic, parsley flake, and a pinch of hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the stem from the tomatoes and then cut a crosshatch on the opposite end and place into a pot with about 1/4 inch of water. Simmer for 25 minutes until skin starts to peel away.
- Let cool or place in ice bath to stop the cooking and then peel the skin away.
- In a pot, heat oil on medium high heat. And then place garlic and sautee for a minute until brown. Then place the tomatoes into the pot and sautee an additional 3 minutes.
- add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, butter, spices and salt and stir.
- Cover and let simmer for 25- 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!