September 5, 2018
Bourbon Honey Pulled Pork or Chicken Sandwiches
Bourbon Honey BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp BBQ Spices Equal mix of Minced garlic, minced onion, cumin, Smoked Paprika Chili Powder, Basil, Ground Black Pepper, and Oregano.
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, country style pork ribs or boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for pork or chicken, olive oil, onions and garlic. Mix thoroughly and marinate pork or chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium, coverable pot, sauté onion and sliced garlic in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat for about a minute or two until onions become translucent.
- Brown the pork or chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes each side
- Add the marinade to the pot.
- Cover, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a slow boil. When it comes to a slow boil, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 4-5 hours for pork loin, shoulder (2-3 hours for country style pork ribs), and up to one hour for chicken thighs.
- Take off heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, with two forks, shred the meat so it becomes “pulled.” Serve on bread of your choice.
S&M (Sides & More to serve with this dish) Horseradish Mustard Potato Salad Mediterranean Potato Salad Olive Oil & Balsamic Potato Salad Cole Slaw: Traditional or Cajun or Italian Arugula, Yellow Pepper & Romaine Salad with Cajun Vinaigrette
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.