November 30, 2018
- 3 cups Jasmine rice pre-cooked, refrigirated for at least an hour- Great for leftover rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables defrosted (corn, peas, green beans)
- sesame seeds
- Prepare the jasmine rice and refrigerate for at least an hour. If you have leftover rice, it works great in this recipe as well.
- In a deep frying pan or wok, sauté onions and garlic in sesame oil on medium/ medium-high heat for about a minute until onions become translucent.
- Add rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar and oyster sauce and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan (like a rice volcano) and place the beaten egg in the center. Let the egg sit until it is solid and cooked through (about 2 minutes). Mix the rice and egg so the egg is mixed thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and mix thoroughly and let cook for another 2 minutes until the peas become bright green. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!