November 30, 2018
- 3 cups Jasmine rice pre-cooked, refrigirated for at least an hour- Great for leftover rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables defrosted (corn, peas, green beans)
- sesame seeds
- Prepare the jasmine rice and refrigerate for at least an hour. If you have leftover rice, it works great in this recipe as well.
- In a deep frying pan or wok, sauté onions and garlic in sesame oil on medium/ medium-high heat for about a minute until onions become translucent.
- Add rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar and oyster sauce and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan (like a rice volcano) and place the beaten egg in the center. Let the egg sit until it is solid and cooked through (about 2 minutes). Mix the rice and egg so the egg is mixed thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and mix thoroughly and let cook for another 2 minutes until the peas become bright green. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.