August 26, 2018
Cajun Red Wine Pulled Pork or Chicken Sandwiches
Orange Bourbon BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp horseradish Mustard favorite
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Cajun Spices Equal mix of Thyme, Oregano, Paprika and Basil with a pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, country style pork ribs or boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for pork or chicken, olive oil or onions. Mix thoroughly and marinate pork or chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium, coverable pot, sauté onion in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat for about a minute or two until they become translucent.
- Brown the pork or chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes each.
- Add the marinade to the pot.
- Cover, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a slow boil. When it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 4-5 hours for pork loin, shoulder (2-3 hours for country style pork ribs), and up to one hour for chicken thighs.
- Take off heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, with two forks, shred the meat so it becomes “pulled.” Serve on bread of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!