August 26, 2018
Cajun Red Wine Pulled Pork or Chicken Sandwiches
Orange Bourbon BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp horseradish Mustard favorite
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Cajun Spices Equal mix of Thyme, Oregano, Paprika and Basil with a pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, country style pork ribs or boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for pork or chicken, olive oil or onions. Mix thoroughly and marinate pork or chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium, coverable pot, sauté onion in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper on medium-high heat for about a minute or two until they become translucent.
- Brown the pork or chicken on all sides for 2-3 minutes each.
- Add the marinade to the pot.
- Cover, raise heat to medium-high and bring to a slow boil. When it comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 4-5 hours for pork loin, shoulder (2-3 hours for country style pork ribs), and up to one hour for chicken thighs.
- Take off heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Then, with two forks, shred the meat so it becomes “pulled.” Serve on bread of your choice.
S&M (Sides & More to serve with this dish) Horseradish Mustard Potato Salad Mediterranean Potato Salad Olive Oil & Balsamic Potato Salad Cole Slaw: Traditional or Cajun or Italian Arugula, Yellow Pepper & Romaine Salad with Cajun Vinaigrette
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.